How To Unclog A Toilet
Attempting to force a clog through a toilet with a plunger can often make the problem worse. Instead, create a seal and slowly push down on the plunger before pulling it back sharply. The suction can help pull the clog back up toward the bowl, breaking the blockage and allowing gravity to take over.
For stubborn clogs, a plunger might not do the trick. Instead, a tool called a closet auger fits down inside the toilet bowl and allows the user to feed a cable through the toilet without scratching the coating. These augers can bust up clogs or hook the clog and pull it back through the bowl.
What To Do When Your Main Sewer Line Is Clogged
The main sewer line will most definitely affect the functionality of the other drains in your home. But if you are keen to know the problem, you will be able to fix it in a flinch.
The best way to get in with fixing is by calling a plumber. But before, there were notable signs of a clogged sewer line.
You May Like: Drugs To Treat Bladder Infection
The Little Bladder That Could
A plunger is the go-to DIY tool for minor drain clogs. Every home should have two a cup plunger for sinks and a flange plunger for toilets.
Some homeowners keep a snake in the garage for tougher jobs, or a stash of plastic clog removers for bathroom drains blocked by hair and soap residue.
But do they have a drain cleaning bladder on hand? Or even know what it is?
Read Also: Anti Spasm Medication For Bladder
Choose A Suitable Drain Cleaning Bladder
If you start trying to clear a clog with the wrong drain cleaning bladder, you could end up causing a bigger mess, so take a look at the size of the pipes and choose an appropriate bladder.
The Spruce / Kevin Norris
Dont Miss: Will A Bladder Infection Cause Bleeding
Why Drain Bladder Not Working
You usually hook up a drain bladder for the toilet to a water hose and stick it down to clean outside your house.
When you turn the water on, the bladder expands first, stretches against the sides of the pipe. And the hole at the end of the pipe scores waters out by creating pressure and pushes the clog through. So suppose the drain bladder stops working? What are you gonna do?
Lets talk about the possible reasons for drain bladder failure and the solutions to get rid of this.
|Incompatible size compared to the pipe.||Measure the size of your clogged pipe before purchasing|
|Faulty drain bladder|
|Drain bladder stuck in pipe||Connect a hose|
|Avoid using with chemicals|
Read Also: How Do You Know If You Have Bladder Leakage
Insert The Drain Bladder Into The Wall
- Insert the tip of the bladder into the wall, and carefully press and wiggle it as far down into the drain as possible.
- The bladder should be inserted a minimum of six inches into the drain. ItÃ¢s recommended to insert the bladder far enough into the drain to bypass the point where the branches off to the roof vent. If you donÃ¢t push the bladder past this tee, the water may travel up toward the roof if it encounters enough resistance at the clog. Ideally, the bladder should be inserted until it meets resistance from the clog.
Recommended Reading: Extra Long Bladder Control Pads
Sink Or Toilet Plunger
A plunger is a flexible rubber bell- or cone-shaped tool with an operating handle at the end. A plunger forces water into the drain pipes, pushing the clog onward.
This time-tested drain-clearing method excels at unclogging toilets and is moderately successful at clearing kitchen sinks, tubs, and showers. Plungers sometimes do not work on bathroom sinks due to the configuration of the sink.
Dont Miss: Side Effects Of Bladder Botox Injections
You May Like: How To Expand Your Bladder
Is Using A Pressure Washer Always A Good Idea
Plumbers often use pressure washers to unclog drains. It is a great way to clean drains, remove buildup, and minimize the potential for the drain to become blocked again.
But its not the best solution in every situation.
Older pipes, as often found in older homes, are not up to the same standards as modern houses. They may not be able to handle the high pressure that a pressure washer will use and could cause expensive damage to your drainpipes. You should always have a plumbing inspection carried out before doing a pressure washer cleaning.
A sewer jet on a pressure washer works great for cleaning soft clogs like grease, soap, hair, and sludge, it does not work as well on a clog caused by tree roots. If a root system has invaded and blocked your drain, you may want to begin with a pipe inspection and plumbing auger before using a pressure washer.
Which Is The Better Option
It really just depends on the kind of clog that you have. If its a deep sewer line clog, your only real choice is hydro-jetting. While drain snakes do work well on shallow clogs, they arent going to 100% cure the problem. The snake wont completely scour the inside of the pipe like the hydro-jetting tool. Therefore, youll probably see the clog come back within a few months. Hydro-jetting clears out the pipe and leaves it clean like the day it was installed.
The best way to determine the right drain cleaning option for you is to contact local, professional plumbers. Call The Pink Plumber today to schedule a consultation with a drain cleaning professional.
Recommended Reading: How Fast Do Bladder Infections Develop
Why Is Your Drain Bladder Stuck In The Pipe
You might be cooking on a Sunday morning. A delicious breakfast for your family and saw the kitchen pipe is clogged. To fix that, you used a drain bladder. But unfortunately, it also got stuck.
Why is your drain bladder stuck in the pipe?
The drain bladder might have got stuck for two reasons. The first reason can be regarding the high water pressure. The second one might be that you have used a different size of drain bladder. As a result, it didnt fit the pipe. But dont worry you can remove it from the pipe.
The above information is not appropriate enough. You should read the whole content to understand everything about drain bladder.
Lets get started!
How Do Plumbers Unclog Drains
When plumbers come out to unclog your drains, they apply their skills and use special tools to get it cleared. For major clogs, plumbers have two major tools they can use to unclog your drains:
- Motorized drain auger: A motorized auger or drain snake, which is a large metal coil, gets sent down into the drain until it hits the clog. The motor drills the coil into the clog until it breaks up.
- Hydro-jetter: This device uses a hose and directional nozzle to send high-powered jets of water blast through the drain to clean it, washing away all debris and material clinging to the drainpipe.
Recommended Reading: Will Cranberry Juice Help A Bladder Infection
Read Also: What Will Help A Bladder Infection
Insert The Drain Cleaning Bladder Into The Drainage Pipe
- Insert the bladders tip into the drainage pipe and press and wiggle it carefully at least six inches into the drain. Ensure that it is deep enough to have a direct route to the clog. Avoid placing it before a tee as the spray would move on the less resistant path and pass through the drainage vent to the roof.
- Ensure that you slide the drain cleaning bladder past the tee to avoid this. And possibly push the bladder into the drainage pipe until it comes into contact with the clog.
You May Like: Pull Hair Out Of Drain
Rental Tools Online Is The #1 Sava Dealer Anywhere
Whether you need to work on a small pipe system or a large one, Rental Tools Online has what youre looking for. We have a wide selection of pipe plugs for rent and for sale in sizes up to 120, as well as pipe bandages and leak sealing bags. All our standard proprietary formula rubber plugs are also available in chemical-resistant chloroprene. We have Kevlar-reinforced plugs you need to plug municipal, commercial, high-pressure, or large diameter pipes ready for rent or purchase.
It can be very difficult to find many types of pipe plugs available for rent, but it doesnt have to be. Rental Tools Online has all sizes available, from a few inches to 120 inches!
Read Also: Harmony Urinary Tract And Bladder Support
Also Check: Can I Have A Bladder Infection Without Pain
There Are Some Easy Ways To Prevent Future Clogging
- Use a grate with a fine screen under the grate. It has to be fine enough to keep leaves and debris out, but not too fine that it restricts flow of water. The same thing applies for roof drain. make sure to clean the drain periodically, and especially before a heavy rainstorm.
- A blocked outside drain probably has something to do with soil permeability and yard topography. Water flows by the force of gravity so it will always end up at lower point. If your drain is installed at a high point of your property, chances are you have standing water after every rainstorm. You may have to relocate the drain, or install an additional drain.
How Does A Cleaning Bladder Work In A Drain
An ordinary water hose is attached to one end, and the bladder is inserted into the clogged drain. The drain bladder fills up with water and closes off any access to it, like a filled water balloon inside of the drain. Once the bladder is full and reaches a certain point of pressure, the outlet opens,
Dont Miss: Agent Orange And Bladder Cancer
Recommended Reading: Cranberry Supplements For Bladder Infection
Hold The Cable Firmly With Both Hands
We advise you to grip the cable with both hands. If you have mistakenly left the cable, it can pull out forcefully and harm you. If you are lucky, you might end up with a sewer line snake run with a machine.
Many of them come with a spring to help you safely run cable through the pipe. And you wouldnt have to fear the cable tangling.
Have You Ever Been Forced To Call In A Plumber When You Could Not Handle An Especially Stubborn Clog If So You Might Have Noticed The Plumber Using High
High-pressure air is one of several tools that plumbers can turn to when clogs are especially stubborn. All the tools ourSalt Lake City plumberscarry on their trucks are designed to affect safe and proper repairs. When it comes toclog repair, we do not rely on things like over-the-counter liquid drain cleaner.
You May Like: Women’s Bladder Protection Underwear
What Is A Drain
Essentially, a drain-cleaning bladder is an expansion balloon made from heavy-duty rubber. A standard metal hose attachment sits at one end of the bladder. At the other end sits a component called a pressure-sensitive valve release. When the flow of water expands the bladder past a certain point, a buildup of pressure will push this valve open and release a powerful stream of water. It is this stream that provides the force required to clean heavy drain clogs. You can find drain-cleaning bladders in a range of sizes. Just match the size you buy to the diameter of your clogged drain.
Read Also: How Can I Treat A Bladder Infection At Home
Common Causes Of A Clogged Drain
There are many reasons why you might experience a clogged drain in Phoenix, but the most common causes include:
- Feminine hygiene products
Whatever is causing the issue, your plumbing will let you know when something has gone wrong. Its all about knowing how to read the signs:
- Water backing up. Ever flushed a toilet or run a sink only to find that your shower drain is now blowing used water up through the drain? This is a clear sign that you have a blockage that needs to be addressed right away!
- Slow draining. Often the first sign that something is amiss is if your drains seem to take the water down at a slower, creeping pace. This means there is a blockage building up in your system. Its only a matter of time before these compounds into a full-out stoppage.
- Foul odors. Sewage smell is unmistakable. When you get an unpleasant, faintly rotting stench coming from your drains its time for a professional cleaning.
- Toilet overflow. If a flush isnt quite doing what it should and your Phoenix homes plunger just isnt cutting it, you likely have a blockage deeper in the sewer line. This is definitely caused to call in a professional!
Contact our Phoenix plumbers to schedule drain cleaning today!
You May Like: Icd 10 Code For Overactive Bladder
What Is A Drain Cleaning Bladder
Drain cleaning bladders are not well-known tools, but they are incredibly effective at clearing clogs when they are used correctly. These tools are made up of a heavy-duty bag or balloon that is capable of expanding when its filled with water and releasing the water at a high pressure to clear clogs. One end of the drain cleaning bladder has a garden hose fitting so that users can connect a garden hose directly to the drain cleaning bladder to filler the balloon. The other end has a narrow hole or can sometimes have an external spout to help throttle the water and increase the pressure of the spray.
These tools come in three sizes. Small bladders are used for 1-inch and 2-inch pipes, medium bladders are made for 1.5-inch to 3-inch pipes, and large bladders are designed for 3-inch to 6-inch pipes. They are most commonly used outdoors, on piping outside the home, such as yard drains.
You May Like: Kegel Exercise Weights For Bladder Control
S For How To Clear A Main Sewer Line Clog
1. Loosen the Drain Pipe Cap
The first step is to find your main drain cleanout location. Look for a small white pipe that sticks a few inches out of the ground. It is often located near a flower bed.
Use the pipe wrench to loosen the cap. Do it slowly, and allow it to sit for a few seconds before you remove the cap entirely. This will help you avoid any sudden sewage or water spillage.
Be ready to step away!
2. Remove Cleanout Cap, Allow Water to Backflow to Opening
Once you remove the cleanout cap, step away quickly. The clog will probably have caused waste to build up. Once you remove the cap, it may come spilling out quickly.
Allow the clogged sewer line pipe to drain excess water completely before you try to do anything else. This is where the waterproof boots and gloves will come in handy!
3. Insert the Snake into the Sewer Line Pipe Opening
Once the pipe has finished draining, begin to gently feed the auger into the opening. Make sure to read the instructions before you begin each pipe snake will have slightly different instructions.
Augers are common tools used by Arlington drain cleaning professionals. If you dont have one, consider renting from a hardware store for one-time use.
Feed the auger slowly into the pipe until you reach the sewer line clog. Youll know youve hit it when the snake becomes hard to move. There might be more than one clog, but work your way down the sewer line to fully clean it out.
4. Run the Tool Until All Clogs are Gone
Don’t Miss: How To Get Rid Of Bladder Pressure
Drain Bladder Stuck In Pipe
Here the drain bladder is stuck in the pipe, and some ways are used to take it out. The reason behind the stickiness is the pressure of the water, or you do not know about the pipe size, and you enter this in the pipe and this stuck and do not come out.
There are some ways to help you remove the stuck bladder these are very easy things, and you can do it. Some things are used to take it back from the stuck pipe. The ways are given.
Disconnect The Existing Plumbing
Drain cleaning bladders work best when they have direct access to the clog, though this isnât always possible. Locate the closest possible area where you could disconnect the plumbing without causing damage. For example, if the clog is in the drainage pipe running from the kitchen sink, then disconnect the slip nuts on the P-trap and the trap arm to access the drain line directly.
Some professionals state that you can insert a drain cleaning bladder directly into the sink drain. In fact, there are drain cleaning bladder kits that come with a sink crossbar adapter for use on kitchen sinks. However, this method can also cause damage to the sink, the P-trap, and the trap arm, so proceed with caution if you choose to insert the bladder directly into the sink drain.
You May Like: What Can Cause Lack Of Bladder Control
Whats A Drain Cleaning Bladder And How Does It Work
A drain bladder, or blow bag, is a heavy rubber balloon that attaches to a standard garden hose. It works like a miniature hydro jet with a high-pressure water stream to clear clogs and debris.
- You connect one end of the hose to a faucet or fixture and screw the bladder onto the opposite end.
- You insert the bladder into a clogged drain and push the hose through.
- You slowly turn on the water .
- Water pressure expands the bladder to the walls of the pipe.
- Pressure increases until the bladder shoots a high-pressure water jet to clear the blockage.
Drain bladders come in different sizes and weights for different diameters of piping.
When in doubt, its best to err on the large size so that you dont damage your pipes with a too-small or heavy bladder.
Please exercise caution! Orange Coast Plumbing has witnessed far too many blown pipes due to inexpert DIY drain bladder repairs.