Home Remedies For Uti Pineapple
Pineapple has an enzyme called Bromelain, which contains anti-inflammatory agents that may decrease UTI symptoms. Here are easy ways to use pineapple for treating UTI:
- Having pineapple on a regular basis may help prevent UTIs.
- Another option is to extract juice from half a pineapple and then drink it.
- You should use fresh pineapple as the canned version can contain preservatives.
There are a lot of other healthy home remedies for UTI presented in this article, so continue reading!
Administer Chamomile Or Neem Tea
This is another home remedy for dog UTI. Neem is a potent anti-bacterial agent and can help to fight against the bacteria that cause it.
Neem also serves as an anti-inflammatory which will help to soothe your dogs pain.
Chamomile has the same power as Neem tea, yet it will serve as a more potent anti-inflammatory agent. This is especially great if your dog is in large amounts of discomfort or pain caused by the UTI.
Both of these teas will act as a diuretic- which means it will prompt your dogs body to flush liquids from its system.
Notes: If your dog does not drink the tea from her bowl, you can give her the tea using a syringe.
Artificial Sweeteners May Worsen Bladder Symptoms
When you’re trying to cut calories at every corner, artificial sweeteners may seem like a healthy replacement for sugar. But if you’ve got a urinary tract infection, its possible that your bladder infection symptoms may worsen if you use artificial sweeteners. While one study found that artificial sweeteners worsened bladder symptoms in people with chronic interstitial cystitis, there’s no real proof they irritate the bladder when you have a simple UTI. But if these fake sweeteners bother you, skip them.
Recommended Reading: Women’s Bladder Leakage Protection
Yogurt And Other Probiotic Foods
Probiotics are beneficial microorganisms which can be consumed to promote healthy bacteria balance in the gut. Various studies have shown that the bacterial strains have shown decrease and prevention of UTIâs.
How to Use?
Probiotic rich foods include kefir, kimchi, yogurt, sauerkraut, kombucha and raw cheese. You can include any one of them in your daily food.
You can take probiotics in capsule or tablet form. We recommend the following productâ¦
Wipe From Front To Back
According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases , UTIs can develop when bacteria from the rectum or feces gain access to the urethra. This small channel allows urine to flow out of the body.
Once bacteria are in the urethra, they can travel up into other urinary tract organs, where they can lead to infections.
After urinating, wipe in a way that prevents bacteria from coming into contact with the genitals. Use separate pieces of toilet paper to wipe the genitals and anus.
You May Like: How To Train My Bladder
How Much Should You Drink
Aim to drink 3 to 4 liters of water each day to prevent kidney stones, says Chicago-based Melissa Prest, DCN, RDN, doctor of clinical nutrition with the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois and spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Most people find lemon water more refreshing, so it helps them drink more, she says.
Prest prefers fresh lemon or lemon concentrate over powdered lemonade mixes, not only because they’re free of added sugar, but also for the citric acid content. “Fresh lemon juice is highest in citrate at about 1.44 gram per ounce, and lemon juice concentrate has 1.10 gram of citrate per ounce,” she says. “Lemonade, on the other hand, only has about 0.03 gram of citrate per ounce.”
The NKF advises drinking a total of 4 ounces of lemon juice concentrate mixed with water each day to help prevent kidney stones.
Skip Citrusy Or Caffeinated Sodas Irritate The Bladder
Sodas in general have been found to irritate the bladder in people with chronic bladder inflammation, and they could aggravate symptoms in someone with a bladder infection. Citrus-flavored sodas and caffeinated sodas are the culprits when it comes to worsening urinary tract infection symptoms. So, when you’re struggling to overcome a bladder infection, stick to water or cranberry juice as your drink of choice.
Also Check: Recurrent Bladder Infections And Cancer
Consume Coconut Water Or Coconut Milk
Coconut water provides more benefits than just cooling your body. As per Indian home remedies, coconut water or coconut milk is effective in treating UTI.
How it Works?
As per laboratory tests, monolaurin is the wonderful substance in coconut oil which contains antimicrobial action
How to Use?
- Drink coconut water of 2 â 3 tender coconuts per day.
- Drink coconut milk in small quantities as it contains high oil content which acts as a laxative effect.
- You can also take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or coconut cream to provide similar benefits.
Home Remedies For Uti Uva Ursi
Uva ursi is another herb containing a number of substances that may help fight infections, including UTIs. This herb has some chemicals with antiseptic properties. This herb is readily available at drugstores in the supplement forms. When you take this supplement, the antiseptic quality present in this herb gently stimulates urination and kills the bacteria as well.
Note: People with liver or kidney disease, children and nursing or pregnant women should not take uva ursi.
9. Home Remedies For UTI Hot Water Compresses
Using hot water compresses regularly will give you relief from pain caused by the infection and help minimize bladder pressure. In addition, a hot compress also will help prevent growth of the bacteria that causes the infection and reduce the inflammation. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- First step is to put a little hot water in one flexible water bottle. Then place this hot water bottle on the lower abdomen for several minutes.
- Alternatively, you can also place one heating pad on your lower abdominal area in order to get relief from the pain.
10. Home Remedies For UTI Water
11. Home Remedies For UTI Yogurt
12. Home Remedies For UTI Garlic
Garlic contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that fight off the infectious bacteria. Here are easy ways to use garlic for dealing with UTI:
13. Home Remedies For UTI Citrus Fruits
14. Home Remedies For UTI
15. Home Remedies For UTI Coriander Powder
You will need:
You will need:
Apples Fiber And Pectin
Apples contain pectin which helps bulk up the stool, and sorbitol, a naturally occurring sugar alcohol which acts as natural osmotic laxative to help soften the stool. Plus apples have fiber and can help with constipation, too.
For best results, eat apples or drink apple juice daily which will help to keep stools soft and easy to pass. If you have chronic constipation try mixing apple juice and prune juice together and drink 3 to 4 glasses a day.
Pectin has also been shown in studies to be effective for diarrhea. Pectin supplementation was as effective as green bananas in the management of persistent diarrhea in children. The volume of stool and stool quality was improved, and a decreased amount of hydration was required.
If you have ongoing or worrisome constipation or diarrhea, see a doctor. Both of these conditons can lead to dangerous complications.
Home Remedies For Uti Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil not only gives you comfort when you suffer from UTI but also is one of the many effective remedies for sore throat.
People with UTI should try applying tea tree oil as it has antibacterial properties, which can help them in fighting the bacteria causing bladder infections like urinary tract infections. Here are easy ways to use tea tree oil for treating urinary tract infections:
- You mix about 10 drops of the tea tree oil into your bath water
- Then you apply this water in order to wash your urethra opening.
- Or, you may mix the tea tree oil with an equal amount of sandalwood oil and juniper oil
- Then you rub this mixture onto your abdominal region & onto the area near your bladder.
- This mixture is very effective for relieving the pain linked to urinary tract infections.
- You should do this solution once per day for 3 to 4 days.
- Another easy way to cure urinary tract infections is soaking in the warm bath water that is mixed with 2 tsp of the plain yogurt & 6 drops of the tea tree oil.
- Then you should follow this way daily for about 10 minutes for around 10 days.
Don’t Miss: Is Bladder Cancer Slow Growing
Can Drinking Alcohol Cause A Uti
You may know that beer, wine, and liquor can irritate your stomach if you’ve got reflux or an ulcer, and alcohol can irritate the bladder, too, particularly if you have a bladder infection. Though you want to get plenty of fluids when you’ve got a UTI, it’s important to avoid alcohol. So, take a hiatus from cocktails at least while you’re trying to flush out the bacteria and recover from a urinary tract infection.
Creating Stronger Strains Of Bacteria
Over time, some species of bacteria have become resistant to traditional antibiotics. According to some research , several species of E. coli, the primary cause of UTIs, are showing increasing drug resistance.
The more a person uses an antibiotic, the greater the risk of the bacteria developing resistance. This is even more likely when people do not follow a doctors instructions to complete the full prescribed course of treatment.
It is essential to continue a course of antibiotics until the end date that the doctor provides. People should also never share antibiotics with others.
Read Also: What To Do If You Have A Bladder Infection
Duct Tape For Wart Removal
In studies, duct tape has been evaluated to be a treatment for common warts. However, not all studies have seen success with this process and it’s not clear how duct tape works.
Don’t use duct tape if you have diabetes, nerve damage, peripheral artery disease, or are prone to skin allergies or irritation, as sores or infection may occur.
If your wart bleeds or worsens, contact your doctor.
The general process, as outlined in studies, is as follows:
- Cut a piece of silver duct tape as close to the size of the wart as possible. The silver tape sticks to the skin better.
- Leave the tape in place for 6 days.
- After 6 days, remove the tape and soak the area in water for 10 to 20 minutes. Gently rub the wart surface down with an emery board or pumice stone. Leave the tape off overnight.
- Repeat this process until the wart is gone, but not longer than 2 months.
- If it works for you, your skin warts should be treated within four weeks. The treatment is considered ineffective if you do not see any improvement within two weeks.
Lemon Juice And Baking Soda For Uti
- Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon into a glass of warm water and add a tablespoon of baking soda.
- Drink it every morning till the time your urinary tract infection has vanished.
- You can also add the lemon to your other drinks like green tea, etc and also add ginger, mint and honey.
Tips: Do not in any case opt for bottled or packaged lemon juice because they will not be as effective as fresh squeezed lemon juice on the urinary tract infection.
Urinary tract infection or UTI generally disappears after five days since the commencement of the treatment procedures. Most of the people do not incline towards getting any kind of treatment for the infection caused and wait for the infection to vanish on its own after a certain period of time.
However, the untreated infection tends to make a comeback frequently because the group of bacteria that causes the infection always lingers around in the zone waiting for the apt opportunity to commence multiplying.
Therefore, it will be unwise and an invitation to grave future troubles if the UTI does not get treated at the right time.In order to free yourself from the present and possible urinary tract infection scenario, you can follow the steps and remedies that have been given above and lead a life that will not stop you from doing the activities and consuming the food and drinks that you want.
Don’t Miss: How To Treat An Irritated Bladder
Oil Of Cloves For Toothache
Clove oil is used for treating a variety of disorders but it is most commonly associated with a toothache. Clove Oil can be applied directly to the gums for a toothache until you can get to the dentist. It has a numbing effect due to the active ingredient eugenol. Medicinal use of this product has not been approved by the FDA.
- To apply clove oil to your tooth, dilute a few drops of clove oil with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply to a cotton swab and dab on the painful tooth area.
- Bottles of clove oil can usually be found at the pharmacy.
Remember: if you have a toothache, it is important that you see a dentist soon as you may have a cavity, an impacted tooth, or an infection that may need treatment or antibiotics.
Clove oil can also be added to hot steamy water and the vapor inhaled to help clear nasal passages and ease breathing. It may also help reduce phlegm associated with a cough. Chewing a clove bud or gargling diluted clove oil may also help ease an irritated throat.
However, clove oil is not pleasant to taste. It may aso leave you with nausea, burning, diarrhea or trouble breathing. Seek advice from your pediatrician before you use this in small children.
Home Remedies For Uti Indian Gooseberry
One of other home remedies for UTI infections is using Indian gooseberry. This herb is very rich in vitamin C that in turn can inhibit the development of bacteria. To utilize Indian gooseberry for treating urinary tract infections, you can follow the following steps:
- You take 1 cup of water.
- Then you add 1 tsp of the Indian gooseberry powder with 1 tsp of turmeric powder into this water.
- Then you boil this water till 1/2 water evaporates.
- You can drink this solution 3 times per day for 3 to 5 days.
- In addition, you can eat more fruits such as bananas, guava, lemons, oranges, kiwi, melon, tomatoes, papaya, and raspberries that are rich in vitamin C.
You May Like: How To Clear Up A Bladder Infection
Best Remedies For Bladder Infections
About bladder infections
The urethra is the tube that takes urine out of the body. Once bacteria go into the urethra, they can attach to the walls of the bladder and multiply quickly.
The resulting infection can cause uncomfortable symptoms, such as the sudden urge to urinate. It may also cause pain while urinating and abdominal cramping.
A combination of medical and home treatments may ease these symptoms. If left untreated, bladder infections can become life-threatening. This is because the infection can spread to the kidneys or blood.
Here are seven effective bladder infection remedies.
Urinate When The Need Arises
Frequent urination puts pressure on bacteria in the urinary tract, which can help to clear them out.
It also reduces the amount of time that bacteria in the urine are exposed to cells in the urinary tract, reducing the risk of them attaching and forming an infection.
Always urinate as soon as possible when the urge strikes to and treat UTIs.
Don’t Miss: How To Stop Bladder Leakage While Exercising
What Is The Outlook For People Sensitive To Bladder Irritation
If foods irritate your bladder, you may worry about finding enough to eat. SOME people with IC are able to eat and drink these foods:
- Alcohol or wines .
- Coffee or highly roasted.
- Extracts .
- Nuts almonds, cashews and peanuts.
- Onions .
- Sun tea .
- Tomatoes .
- Zest of orange or limes.
- Other foods not listed.
Practice Good Sexual Hygiene
The also says that sexual intercourse introduces bacteria and other microbes from outside the body to the urinary tract. Practicing good sexual hygiene can help to reduce the number of bacteria that people can transfer during intercourse and other sexual acts.
Examples of good sexual hygiene include:
- urinating before and immediately after sex
- using barrier contraception, such as a condom
- washing the genitals, especially the foreskin, before and after engaging in sexual acts or intercourse
- washing the genitals or changing condoms if switching from anal sex to vaginal sex
- ensuring that sexual partners are aware of any current or previous UTIs
Also Check: What Happens With Bladder Cancer
Administer Fresh Blueberries Or Cranberries
Usually, cranberries are often given to humans for assistance with a UTI, and they can also work well for your dog.
The blueberries and cranberries will reduce the PH of your dogs bladder, which prevents the bacteria from attaching to the urethra and bladder walls.
Plus, blueberries and cranberries will better the functionality of your dogs gastrointestinal tract.
- Fresh cranberries or blueberries
Notes: To avoid your dog choking, chop the blueberries or cranberries well. If you do not have access to these fresh fruits, you can use dried- be sure there is no added sugar.