Oil Of Cloves For Toothache
Clove oil is used for treating a variety of disorders but it is most commonly associated with a toothache. Clove Oil can be applied directly to the gums for a toothache until you can get to the dentist. It has a numbing effect due to the active ingredient eugenol. Medicinal use of this product has not been approved by the FDA and its use is not proven with research.
- To apply clove oil to your tooth, dilute a few drops of clove oil with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply to a cotton swab and dab on the painful tooth area.
- Bottles of clove oil can usually be found at the pharmacy.
Remember: If you have a toothache, it is important that you see a dentist soon as you may have a cavity, an impacted tooth, or an infection that may need treatment or antibiotics.
Clove oil can also be added to hot steamy water and the vapor inhaled to help clear nasal passages and ease breathing. It may also help reduce phlegm associated with a cough. Chewing a clove bud or gargling diluted clove oil may also help ease an irritated throat.
However, clove oil is not pleasant to taste. It may leave you with nausea, burning, diarrhea or trouble breathing. Seek advice from your pediatrician before you use this in small children.
The Use Of Medicinal Plants
The use of medicinal plants for incontinence can sound questionable and unlikely. However phototherapy is a medical practice that focuses on the impact of plants on various incontinence symptoms.
Herbs can be bought by a qualified herbalist or you can discuss with a natural health practitioner.
Interestingly, researchers have found certain plants to have the following benefits:
- Improving inflammation
- Diminishing the effects of menopause
- Avoiding constipation
Here are a few interesting ones that deserve mentioning:
- Raspberry leaf. This is an interesting herb, which has been proven to strengthen the uterine and pelvic muscles. It can also help with pelvic organ prolapse
- St. Johns Wort. Known to help depression, these can help incontinence caused by nerves problems.
- Horsechestnut. The bark from this tree is effective for inflammation of the prostate. It is often used for overflow or urge incontinence.
- Carob Tree. Interestingly, seeds of this tree are known to prevent constipation. This is specially helpful in preventing faecal compaction and overflow incontinence.
- Yarrow. This is a bitter herb that can tone the bladder and uterus. It is also a urinary antiseptic, clearing congestion and provides good circulation to the pelvic area.
How Do You Prevent A Bladder Infection
People who have recurrent bladder infections may be able to prevent them in some cases:
- Drink more fluids
- Urinate right after intercourse
- It is believed this will help flush out germs that can enter the bladder. There is no evidence this prevents bladder infections but it is not harmful.
Preventive antibiotics or antibiotics taken following intercourse, as recommended by your doctor
Cranberry juice, cranberry tablets, and a supplement called D-mannose have been promoted to help prevent frequent bladder infections but there are no studies that show these products are effective. However, use of these products probably is not harmful. Tell your doctor before taking any supplements.
Don’t Miss: Sudden Loss Of Bladder Control Male
Remedies For Urinary Tract Infections
12 May, 2022
Have you heard about the best remedies for urinary tract infections?
A urinary infection can occur as a result of bacteria, from waiting too long to empty the bladder, from sexual relations, or during pregnancy or menopause, among other things. The most common symptoms include the frequent need to urinate, small amounts of urine, a burning sensation when urinating, change in color of the urine, abdominal pain, fever, nausea and vomiting.
Its very important to act early at the first sign of a urinary tract infection in order to prevent more serious damage to the kidneys. Although its best to consult with your doctor, there are also some homemade treatments that can help you to fight this problem, as well.
Benefits Of Antibiotics For Utis
Antibiotics are the standard treatment for UTIs because they kill the bacteria responsible for the infections. Most UTIs develop when bacteria enter the urinary tract from outside the body. The species most likely to cause UTIs include:
- E. coli, which cause of up to
- abnormal liver function, as indicated with testing
More severe risks of using antibiotics include:
You May Like: What Side Of The Body Is Your Bladder On
What You Need To Know About Pau Darco For Utis
In mice models and in in vitro experiments using human tissue cultures, Pau darco was found to promote wound healing.
The precise tissue and cell lines investigated were not specific to the bladder, however.
In fact, we dont know if pau darco reaches the bladder at all. As yet, very little is known about the way our bodies metabolize pau darco. There is some evidence its compounds may make it as far as the blood, but even this is still to be confirmed.
All of this means we really dont know whether pau darco ever makes it to the bladder or would be helpful in the same ways studies outside the body suggest.
As with any compound, if pau darco does reach the bladder, particularly one that is attempting to heal from chronic damage, or from the acute injury of a flare up, it may worsen symptoms.
As for pau darcos antimicrobial property, there is little to no evidence it has any impact on organisms that are typically the cause of urinary tract infections.
In herbal medicine manuals, its recommended that pau darco should not be relied on as the sole antimicrobial agent in any case of infection that applies to UTIs.
There is also a certain amount of controversy amongst herbal medicine professionals as to the wisdom of prescribing pau darco for simple or chronic UTI at all. This concern stems from potential side effects.
Donât Miss: How Does One Get A Urinary Tract Infection
Use Essential Oils With Caution
Oregano essential oil is well known for its strong antibacterial properties. Studies have shown that oregano oil can be very effective at killing E.coli, but it should be noted these studies are generally done in vitromeaning in a lab using scientific techniques, not performed in humans with infections. Lemongrass oil and clove oil may also be a home remedy for UTIs because of their antimicrobial properties, but both have been studied against harmful bacteria in similar experiments as Oregano oil.
Its important to take care before using essential oils as a treatment. The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy advises against ingesting these oils. Instead, essential oils may be safely used topically with a carrier oil or inhaled from a diffuser.
Read Also: Pain When My Bladder Is Full
Culinary Uses Of Cream Of Tartar
- Cream of tartar is a powdered form of tartaric acid, an essential ingredient in baking powders, and its added chiefly to bakery products.
- Its commonly added in white eggs to achieve its full volume potential and stabilizes its stiffness.
- In baking or bakery products, cream of tartar acts as a leavening agent, which produces the softest and fluffiest baked cookies/cakes without yeast.
- Cream of tartar can also be incorporated into frostings, icings, or syrups to prevent the formation of sugar crystals.
- Adding the cream of tartar to powdered or granulated materials prevents lumps.
- It also acts as a thickening agent in liquids dishes like soups and sauces.
- Adding a 1/2 teaspoon of potassium bitartrate into the water while cooking veggies will help them keep their bright colors!
- Commercially, its added in candies, soft drinks, gelatin-based desserts, and still photography products.
Donât Miss: What Is The Best Medicine For Bladder Control
How To Identify Tea As The Cause Of Bladder Irritation
As mentioned, tea isnt always to blame for bladder irritation. So, how can you be certain that it is tea that is responsible for your current state? Well, the best way to do this is through the process of elimination.
If you feel like tea is to blame, remove it from your diet completely. Dont switch to decaf options as these may still have acidity levels that can irritate your bladder. Not to mention, decaf teas still contain a small amount of caffeine.
You may not experience relief right away. In some instances, you may need to discontinue tea for up to 2 weeks. If your symptoms have cleared up by then, tea may have been the cause of your health problems. If the issue continues, then there is another source to consider.
Don’t Miss: Ways To Treat Bladder Infection At Home
What Is A Bladder Infection
Bladder infection is a type of urinary tract infection caused by bacteria. Bladder infections tend to be more common in women than men.
What Are Symptoms of a Bladder Infection?
Symptoms of a bladder infection include:
- Pain or a burning on urination
- Urinary frequency
- Lower abdominal pain or discomfort
- Urine that’s dark, cloudy or strong smelling
- Feeling unwell
Symptoms of a bladder infection in young children may also include:
- Fever of 100.4° F or above
Green Tea Helps Prevent Multiple Cancers
Research on the benefits of green tea and cancer prevention is still in early stages, but the results are promising. Researchers suspect that polyphenols in green tea help kill cancer cells and stop their progression, an important role to prevent various cancers.
In a study of 472 women with breast cancer, those who drank the most green tea experienced the least spread of the disease. Researchers also found that women in the early stages of breast cancer who drank at least five cups of green tea every day during their diagnoses were less likely to have the disease recur after the completed treatment.
In looking at more than 35,000 women in the Iowa Womens Health study, those who drank two or more cups of tea a day were almost 30 per cent less likely to develop colon cancer than those who rarely drank tea.
One Chinese study found that men who drank more than three cups of tea a day reduced their risk of prostate cancer by 70 per cent. In another study funded by the National Institute of Health, 79 men with prostate cancer were told to either drink 6 cups of green tea a day or 6 cups of water. After 3 to 8 weeks, the levels of prostate-specific antigen, a protein that may indicate cancer, were lower in the men who drank green tea than those who drank water. An indicator of inflammation, nuclear factor-kappaB, linked to cancer growth, was also lower in the men who drank the green tea.
You May Like: Can Kidney Stones Cause Bladder Cancer
Cystitis In Men And Older People
Men tend to get cystitis later in life. Where trouble with urine flow is a symptom, this may indicate that the underlying cause is a problem with their prostate gland.
Cystitis is common in older people, particularly if they are unwell. Bladder catheters and some urinary-tract operations may also increase the risk of cystitis.
Skip The Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has been touted as a natural remedy for everything from weight loss to teeth whitening. But does it really work to alleviate the symptoms of a urinary tract infection?A recent study suggests that apple cider vinegar does have antimicrobial properties that can significantly impair key enzymes that cause E. coli bacteria to grow and multiply. The study didnt test apple cider vinegars efficacy rate in treating UTIs, but since the majority of urinary tract infections are caused by E. coli, the study suggests that apple cider vinegar may help treat UTI symptoms. Still, apple cider vinegar is an unproven treatment for UTIs, so always consult your doctor before sipping this bitter beverage. If you need to get rid of a UTI fast, its best to schedule an appointment with your OB-GYN, primary care provider, or even an urgent care for diagnosis before self-treating without antibiotics. Once your doctor gives you the go-ahead, though, try one of these natural remedies for relief, because nobody has time for a UTI.
Read Also: Are Utis A Sign Of Bladder Cancer
Can Utis Be Prevented
These tips can help prevent UTIs:
- School-age girls should avoid bubble baths and strong soaps that might cause irritation. They also should wear cotton underwear instead of nylon because itâs less likely to encourage bacterial growth.
- All kids should be taught not to âhold itâ when they have to go. Pee that stays in the bladder gives bacteria a good place to grow.
- Kids should drink plenty of fluids but avoid those with caffeine.
The Best And Worst Drinks If You Suffer From Utis
Fizzy drinks full of sugars and sweeteners can often aggravate UTI symptoms, but some other more unassuming options like citrus fruit juices may also prove problematic in some instances. However, including more of helpful options such as water or good quality cranberry juice could help to alleviate the symptoms instead.
Recommended Reading: Is Azo Good For Bladder Infection
Is It Possible To Prevent A Uti
The best way to avoid the symptoms associated with a UTI? Prevent it from happening in the first place by practicing good hygiene.Always make sure you wipe front to back after using the restroom. This prevents infection-causing bacteria from fecal matter from making its way up to the perivaginal area and into your internal anatomy where it could cause a UTI.
Menopausal women are more susceptible to urinary tract infections because of the sharp drop in estrogen levels during menopause.
Foods That Are Great For Bladder Health
Your bladder is an important part of the urinary tract system. Its an essential pear-shaped organ made out of expandable components that holds on to urine until its expelled from your body. The bladder itself is quite impressive and is able to stretch from about two inches to over six inches long, depending on the amount of liquid its holding.1 In a typical person, your bladder will reach capacity when it fills up with about 16-24 ounces of urine, but most people start to feel the urge to urinate when it is only 25% full.1 At this point, your body starts to send nerve signals to the brain indicating that its time to find a restroom. When you proceed to use the bathroom, there is a mixture of voluntary and involuntary muscles working to lead urine from the bladder, through the urethra, and out of the body.
Your bladder works hand-in-hand with your kidneys to filter fluid and wastes from the bloodstream. They are the primary parts of the urinary tract system. The . When your bladder isnt functioning properly, it can lead to a number of problems.
Nuts are a great, heart-healthy food that provides you with much needed protein and healthy fats. While most nuts are bladder friendly, certain nuts can cause irritation. For the best options, stick to almonds, cashews, and peanuts.
Choosing Healthier Drinks
Different Types of Tea
Certain Fruit Juices
Lemon Enhanced Water
Recommended Reading: How To Stop Light Bladder Leakage
How Are Urinary Tract Infections Diagnosed
Your doctor will review your medical history and do a physical exam. Other tests may include:
- Urinalysis. Lab testing of urine is done to check for various cells and chemicals, such as red and white blood cells, germs , or a lot of protein.
If UTIs become a repeated problem, other tests may be used to see if the urinary tract is normal. These tests may include:
- Intravenous pyelogram . This is a series of X-rays of the kidney, ureters , and bladder. It uses a contrast dye injected into a vein. This can be used to find tumors, structural abnormalities, kidney stones, or blockages. It also checks blood flow in the kidneys.
- Cystoscopy. In this test, a thin, flexible tube and viewing device is put in through the urethra to examine the bladder and other parts of the urinary tract. Structural changes or blockages, such as tumors or stones can be found.
- Kidney and bladder ultrasound. This imaging test uses high-frequency sound waves to make images of the bladder and the kidneys on a computer screen. The test is used to determine the size and shape of the bladder and the kidneys, and check for a mass, kidney stone, cysts, or other blockages or abnormalities.
How To Add Ginger To Your Diet
There are so many ways to add ginger to your diet.
One of the most common is ginger tea.
You can use a prepared tea bag and steep in hot water for about 7 minutes.
Alternatively, you can cut and peel a couple of pieces of fresh ginger and drop them into hot water.
Let it steep for seven to ten minutes.
Add your favorite sweetener like honey, monk fruit, or sucanat.
Grate fresh ginger over your chicken, lamb, fish, or vegetables for a nice spicy kick.
To retain the flavor, add it at the end of cooking so its exposure to the heat is minimal.
If you are creating a dish around ginger then you can cook it into the sauce or food you are preparing, just limit its direct contact to heat.
In other words, you dont want it to directly touch the hot pan.
Ginger jam is great on toast, oatmeal, and other treats.
Combine equal parts of sliced fresh ginger and water in a blender.
Puree although it will not be smooth due to gingers fibrous texture.
Pour the mixture into a saucepan and add an equal part of sugar, sucanat, monk fruit, or muscovado .
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, a pod of cardamom , and ½ teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon .
Heat the mixture over medium high flame and allow to thicken.
Pour into canning jars and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Add some ginger to your butter for a nice little zing.
You can add some honey, monk fruit, or stevia for a little sweetness.
If you are into to butter coffee, this will change the world for you!
It is served hot.
Bring to a boil.
Don’t Miss: How To Test For A Bladder Infection At Home