What Are Common Bladder Irritants
Before you find out what products to buy, it is important to learn more about the bladder itself. After all, most of us dont know enough about organs and their functions. The bladder is a muscular sac in the pelvis located right above and behind the pubic bone.
When its empty, the bladder resembles a pear in shape and size. On the other hand, when its full your bladder expands. The inner lining of the bladder tucks into the folds and it expands to accumulate the fluid i.e. urine.
Weak bladder control is a frequent problem that happens due to a wide array of causes. Some of the most common causes of weak bladder control include:
- Stay hydrated drink enough fluids, particularly water
- Take enough time to empty your bladder completely
- Urinate after sex
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and cotton underwear
Bladder control requires some lifestyle adjustments, but sometimes you need more than that. This is where bladder control products step in. They help you get rid of the unpleasant symptoms and urgent urination in an entirely natural manner.
Points To Remember Before Buying Canine Cranberry Supplements
We highly recommend going through this guide if youre looking to shop for cranberry supplements to help your pup with his UTI.
Even if the cranberry supplement does its job, it might not get a chance if your pet does not like the taste. He may eat a treat or two, but if the taste is not flavorful and tasty then chances are he wont come near them again. Thats why cranberry treats should have a likable flavor so that your dog can munch on them like regular treats.
Perhaps the most significant factor at hand here is what goes inside the supplements. If you are cautious as a pet owner, thats good. Make sure you check out the ingredients of the treats. Most supplements these days are made with natural, organic ingredients but you never know. If the tablets contain anything unnatural, or a harmful chemical, or an ingredient that your dog is sensitive to then it may trigger symptoms like diarrhea or flu. This is why you should never buy a product without checking its ingredients.
Where was the product made? Is the facility certified by a third-party laboratory? What about the certifications? These are the questions you need to keep in mind before bringing a cranberry supplement to your house. Since people are adamant about these things, products are usually backed by certifications and veterinarian support which should allow you to take a sigh of relief. Still, it is necessary to check where the treats are made.
Types Of Dogs More Likely To Have Urinary Incontinence
While urinary incontinence can happen to any dog, it is more likely in certain types.
Female Dogs. Middle-aged to older spayed female dogs are prone to what is referred to as âspay incontinence.â This is a form of incontinence commonly caused by lower estrogen levels, which can lead to a loss of muscle tone in the urethra. In some cases, incontinence may be caused by a weak bladder. This condition is referred to as weak bladder sphincter incontinence. Your vet may call it Urethral Sphincter Mechanism Incompetence . It is the most common cause of urinary incontinence in spayed female dogs.
Older Dogs. Bladder leaks are not an uncommon occurrence in older dogs. This is because the urethral muscles are not as strong as they used to be. As your dog ages, they may have a harder time holding in urine.
Often, incontinence starts when dogs are mature or middle-aged. Several factors are thought to play a role in USMI. These include:
- Abnormal bladder positioning
These tests can help determine the root cause and best treatment plans for your dog. A urinalysis may prove your dog has a bladder infection. Some other tests, like blood tests, may be necessary to rule out underlying causes like diabetes or Cushingâs disease. Radiographs can rule out urinary stones, and ultrasounds will rule out tumors or growth in the bladder. Depending on the findings of these tests, other tests may be necessary too.
Don’t Miss: New Drug For Bladder Cancer
Supplements Can Help Support Urinary Health But They Arent A Substitute For Treatment
Theres no replacement for sound veterinary advice. Whatever problems your cat is experiencing, its important to address the issue with your vet instead of trying to diagnose and treat it yourself.
While most urinary health problems are not life-threatening for cats, they can be extremely uncomfortable even painful and lack of treatment could cause the issue to progress into something more serious. Untreated urinary problems also frequently contribute to behavioral issues like peeing outside the litter box and increased irritability.
Treatment for urinary health concerns varies depending on the specific issue. In addition to treatment, your veterinarian may recommend giving your cat a supplement. Urinary health supplements are intended to support your cats ongoing urinary health and to help remedy or prevent issues that contribute to urinary issues.
Before purchasing a supplement, talk to your vet about what active ingredients to look for so you can be sure youre supporting the critical aspect of your cats urinary health.
What Are Some Of The Medical Conditions That Can Cause My Dog To Urinate Too Much
There are a number of medical conditions that can cause your dog to urinate too much. The most common condition is diabetes mellitus, which causes increased thirst and urination as the body tries to get rid of the excess sugar in the blood. Other conditions that can cause increased urination include Cushing’s disease, kidney disease, and liver disease.
Urinary tract infections are also a common cause of increased urination in dogs. These infections can be very painful, so if you think your dog might have one, it’s important to take them to the vet right away.
Also Check: Bladder Leakage Pads With Wings
Bee Pollen Dietary Supplement Benefits For Incontinence
Luckily, urinary incontinence in dogs is highly manageable.
Bee pollen has long been prescribed for incontinence in Eastern medicine.
A bee pollen dietary supplement can help prevent urine leakage and promote bladder health in dogs suffering from urinary incontinence.
Vet Classics Incontinence Support Chewable Tablets provide phytoestrogens and botanicals to support normal muscle tone of the bladder and sphincter muscles.
Thank You For Signing Up
to view our current issue of Animal Wellness Magazine.
You will receive a 1 Year Digital Subscription to North Americas #1 Natural Health Magazine for Dogs & Cats. An email will be sent to you with each new issue that is published.Interested in a print subscription?
Thank You! the Animal Wellness Top Health Tips eBook
Buying Bladder Support For Dogs Vet Classics: Things To Consider
Buying bladder support for dogs vet classics is always a challenge and a task. There are lots of products in the market today, so it is not easy to set your eyes on the perfect one for you. When you are about to buy an item, it’s so easy to make a decision based on the attractive price offered.
It is important to consider different aspects when buying a bladder support for dogs vet classics. This is necessary because the particular product you are interested in may be different from other similar ones available in the market or else. You need to gather all the essential information about the bladder support for dogs vet classics which you want to buy and then compare it with the products of your choice.
The purpose of this guide is to detail the difference between good and bad stuff, so you won’t make mistakes while buying. When buying a bladder support for dogs vet classics you should consider the following factors:
- Do you really need it?
- Customer reviews on Amazon, Google, etc.
- What is the quality of the material used in making the product?
- How durable is this product?
- Will it last long, or will it break after some use?
- How much does the product cost?
- Is it worth the price?
- Does the product have any warranty or guarantee?
- How much does it cost and what are its features?
- Is the product easy to use?
- Does it contain toxic materials?
Active Chews Cranberry For Dogs
- Effective Bladder Support for Dogs: Our cranberry supplement for dogs is much more than just dog vitamins and supplements. Its a unique combination of ingredients that provides bladder support for dogs, kidney care, and urinary tract health. If your pup has struggled with a dog uti, our dog bladder control pills promote comfortable urination and can help with dog incontinence.
- Natural Active Ingredients: Our dog urinary tract supplements use USA ingredients with no dangerous side effects. The dog supplement contains Cranberry extract, Organic Marshmallow Root, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Uva Ursi Leaf.
- Better Than a Dog Treat: Our veterinary formula uses real turkey that your dog wont be able to resist. With our cranberry pills for dogs, youll know that your best friend is getting the vital dog supplements for urinary tract health they need for a better quality of life.
- Maximum Potency: Our No Heat No Cook process ensures your dog gets 100% potency of our bladder infection treatment for dogs. Baked treats lose over 50% potency, our process doesnt. The No Heat No Cook process ensures your dog gets the full strength of the dog cranberry supplement.
- Premium Quality Cranberry Soft Chews: We take pride in the premium quality of our cranberry chews. Dogs of all sizes love our cranberry for dogs manufactured in chew form, inspected annually by APHIS, and certified by a third-party independent lab.
You May Like: How To Stop Bladder Irritation
Dog Cranberry Supplement Natural Dog Uti Treatment & Kidney Support For Dogs Dog Supplement Powder Same As Cranberry Pills For Dogs Puppy Supplies For Dog Pee Health Dog Incontinence Product
- URINARY HEALTH SUPPORT FOR DOGS: Cranberry for dogs has shown to help ease UTI, spraying, leaking, incontinence, bladder stones & much more. Best natural UTI solution for dogs & puppies of all sizes, breeds & ages!
- NATURAL WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS: All natural powdered supplement nourishes urinary tract to promote healing. Formula consists of Cranberry Extract, Marshmallow Root, D-Mannose, Echinacea, Licorice & Vitamin C.
- EASY DOSING POWDER SUPPLEMENT: Easy to administer vitamin powder for dogs. Sprinkle over food & mix. 1 gram a day for small dogs up to 15 lbs, 1.5 grams for dogs 15-50 lbs, 2 grams for large dogs over 50 lbs
- SCRUMPTIOUS BEEFY BACON FLAVOR: Beef liver & bacon flavor added for taste. Dont worry about your pup not liking it. Its totally YUMMY! The #1 top choice cranberry wellness powder for pooches with picky palettes.
- GOODBYE TO DOG URINARY PROBLEMS: Premium dog cranberry supplement naturally & safely boosts immune system, helps to heal inflamed or infected urinary tract, reduce accidents and leakage in both male & female dogs.
Natura Petz Organics Break It Up Herbal Medicine For Stone Breaking For Dogs
Image courtesy Chewy
If your dog has stones, they can be painful. But there is hope! Natura Petz Organics Break It Up! Herbal Medicine for Stone Breaking can help.
This unique blend of herbs helps to break up and dissolve stones naturally, without surgery or other invasive procedures. And it’s easy to give – just mix it with your dog’s food or water.
Natura Petz Organics Break It Up! Herbal Medicine for Stone Breaking is safe and effective, and it’s made with all-natural ingredients. Try it today to help your dog feel better fast!
Recommended Reading: When To See A Doctor For Bladder Infection
Dog Uti Prevention Incontinence Bladder Kidney & Immune System Support Cranberry Pills For Dogs D
- Prevent UTIS: Instead of using repeated treatments, prevent urinary tract infections before they happen
- Balances PH: Our cranberry pills for dogs balances pH levels in the urine to protect the bladder and kidneys and has a high amount of non-GMO D-Mannose to help prevent UTIs
- Easy To Administer: Its never fun to force your dog to take something. Unlike powders, liquids, or pills, our soft chews dont need to be mixed into food or disguised. Dogs love the chicken flavor of our soft chews and are easy to chew by dogs of all ages.
- Our soft, chewable cranberry treats contain no gluten, dairy, soy, corn, sugar, salt, or gumming agents so you can feel good knowing you are giving the best to your pet!
- We are confident your dog will be impressed, but if not, let us know and we will fix it right away
Nutrition Strength: Keeping Your Pets Healthy And Happy
Manufactured with the best ingredients available, all Nutrition Strength products are developed to help keep your pet healthy and happy. With a constantly expanding line of supplements, we are committed to bringing to you the latest developments in the science of animal nutrition, so you and your furry friends can fully enjoy every moment together!
More Great Products from Nutrition Strength:
Read Also: Small Cell Bladder Cancer Treatment
Zesty Paws Cranberry For Dogs Ut Incontinence Support + Immune Health Dog Antioxidant Urinary Tract Uti & Kidney + Bladder Support D
- Urinary Tract Support Zesty Paws Cranberry Bladder Bites are formulated to promote kidney & bladder health. With 200 mg of cranberry & organic ingredients, these chewables can help pets UT wellness.
- Enhanced with Cran-Max Cranberry Each chew contains 200mg of Cran-Max, a pure Cranberry concentrate formulated with patented Bio-Shield technology clinically proven to promote bladder & urinary health.
- Promotes Kidney & Bladder Health These chews also contain Organic Marshmallow Root & Astragalus help flush toxin buildups from the kidney & bladder for comfortable urination, & include anti-inflammatory properties.
- Powerful Ingredients These bite-sized chewable supplements feature Organic Licorice Root, D Mannose, & Nettle Seed to detox the kidneys, defend the UT lining, aid digestive support, & encourages healthy urine flow & inflammation relief.
- A Pet Supplement You Can Trust At Zesty Paws, we understand how much your pets health and wellness means to you, so we manufacture our easy-to-chew products in FDA-registered facilities that are NSF and GMP-certified in the USA.
Reputation Of A Brand
This is a crucial component for every product. You ought to select a product from a reputable brand. If you want the thing to last, dont buy non-branded items just because they are inexpensive.
Therefore, pick a company that is already well-known across the world for producing goods of the highest caliber. It will guarantee that the product has all the features you would anticipate.
Also Check: Over The Counter Bladder Medication
Top 10 Best Selling List For Natural Supplements For Dog Incontinence
Nutramax Crananidin Urinary Tract Health Supplement For Dogs
A part of Nutramax Laboratories, veterinarian-formulated Crananidin for dogs will keep your pup comfortable and free-flowing when it comes to urinary health thanks to a formula rich in Proanthocyanidins , substances found in cranberry extract known to improve urinary tract health. Plus, one vet who used the product for her own cat reports cranberry extract helps animals avoid E.Coli infections as it keeps the bacteria from attaching to the bladder wall. These delicious cranberry tablets also aid in maintaining healthy joints and encourage the synthesis of cartilage matrix. And easy-to-chew tablets make dosing a snap.
Also Check: What Medication Is Good For Overactive Bladder
Incontinence Medication And Treatment Options
Treating urinary incontinence requires medications that strengthen the muscles and nerves that control urination, such as phenylpropanolamine. For spayed females, adding some hormones back may be the key. Obviously if there is an infection, antibiotics will be needed.
For dogs with damage to the urinary tract or a birth defect, surgery may be the ideal option. These are complicated surgeries, so your veterinarian may refer you to a specialist.
Many times, treatment may not totally stop the urinary leakage, but will reduce it greatly. Other dogs respond totally to medication. Be prepared to take some management steps to help your dog.
Incontinence In Older Dogs
When you see your aging dog can’t hold their pee any longer, it can be a distressing sign that your pet’s quality of life is deteriorating. Unfortunately, it’s normal for dogs to lose control of their bowels and bladder as they get older. Some dogs may have only a few mishaps, but others may lose their ability to contain their bladders completely.
In older dogs, bladder leaks are a common occurrence, the urethral muscles are simply weaker than they used to be.
Dog incontinence often begins in their mature or middle-aged stages of life. USMI is thought to be caused by a variety of factors. Some examples are changes to the vaginal support structures, genetics, estrogen deficiency or decline, and abnormal bladder positioning.
Also Check: Sulfa Medication For Bladder Infection